Sunday, December 4, 2011

Orcs Must Die!

So I picked this game up on the Steam sale last weekend, and a good deal it was!

I've always been a fan of tower defense games, but never really felt that the first person shooter perspective was the right way to go with them. I had tried the Sanctum demo a while back, but it felt like I was either ignoring my towers, or ignoring shooting things. Somehow, they got it right with Orcs Must Die! Also, the humor and voice acting keeps it light. =)

So I was able to beat probably 70% of the game with my typical "if one thing gets past me, I'm restarting the level mentality." But eventually there were just too many openings for me not to let anything get past.

The turrets and abilities are all fun to try out, but I have to say that I always picked the Alchemist's Satchel since it can kill 10-15 orcs in one bang. I didn't realize this was a DLC item until after I beat the game, so... yeah. Same with the Floor Scorcher.

Anyways, it took me just shy of 14 hours to beat the entire game on normal difficulty, and I still have the 5 DLC levels to play. I'd recommend the game for anyone with the tower defense itch as it will definitely help with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment