Saturday, December 3, 2011

Batman Arkham Asylum - TBD

(there's a newer post for this, but I want to keep this around because it reminds me of the sadness that can happen)

I played this game quite a bit on my PC since I got it on a Steam sale. Then I replayed a bit of it so that I could enjoy it from the comfort of my couch, and play some of it with my wife.

But... my save game was lost. And not in some freak, Xbox-exploding accident. In some super-lame, I-can't-believe-I-just-saw-that-happen accident.

So, I give you, repro steps:

1) start up Xbox 360
2) launch Batman: Arkham Asylum
3) game logos play
4) title screen shows, now turbo press A because you want to play the game
5) game starts, intro batman video plays
6) "Elegrem logged in to Xbox LIVE" cheer appears (hmm, that seems odd)
7) quit game (the game is now saving your 0% progress over that first save slot)
8) title screen shows, with the first save slot showing 0% progress
9) son... of... a... bitch.

So I just went from 58% to 0%. just. like. that.

I want to get back into it again, but I'll need some time away from it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment