Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Bionic Commando Rearmed

So I picked up this game from the Summer Steam sale. Figured a bit of nostalgia would be fun, and it was... mostly.

The controls are standard, the graphics look like XBLA quality, the writing is silly, and the story is close to the original (for all I remember). The sound tracks are revamped versions of the original, so that was really cool.

The nice things they did:
* Allowed switching weapons on the fly
* Added weapon upgrades
* No longer required you to pick the correct com unit per level
* More hits before you're dead

The last level was brutally hard, and you'll use up quite a few lives just getting tot he boss. So I recommend revisiting each of the camps and stocking up on 1ups. This is really my only real gripe about the game.

After beating the game on normal, they unlocked the super hard mode. Yeah... I'm good.

No comments:

Post a Comment