Friday, August 24, 2012

Infinity Blade

A while back I finished Infinity Blade, but forgot to blog about it. Overall the game was quite simple to learn, harder to master, and a great RPG to spend a few minutes on between other things. Took it on a trip and played it easily for a few  hours in bed, delaying my much needed sleep cycles.

The combats are everything in the game. Dodge is the easiest way to avoid getting hit, you can also block, which takes away your armor points, and you can also perry an incoming attack. Blocking is only useful for punches, which are un-dodge/parry-able. When you do a awesome dodge/block/parry, eventually they give you an opening, and you get to smack them back. Ideally with a 3 or 5 hit combo.

When your character levels up, you get 2 stat points you can spend on armor, health, magic, or attack damage. I spent all of my points in attack damage, because the harder I hit the enemy, the faster they dropped. This basically required me to spend all my time dodging, as my lack of skill in parrying attacks was all to apparent.


Eventually you fight the God king, who starts out level 50, and completely wipes the floor with you. That's okay though, because apparently he sends all of your equipment and levels to your next of kin and you repeat the process. What a nice guy! Eventually you will be strong enough to trod down the road paved with dead ancestors, and beat him for a change.

The main reason I forgot to post about this when I finished the game was because I had gotten myself into a RPG-grinding groove of killing enemies as fast as possible to die at the God king's hand and restart the process. Trouble is, I accidentally killed him on one of my run-throughs. Oops. Well, I guess that was the purpose, but it just kind of felt off to me. After you defeat him, he goes up by 50 levels and you repeat the process. Yeah, I'm good, next game!

Overall, I'm still glad I played it, and it was definitely worth the money spent. So far, this has been the most enjoyable game I've played on the iPad yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment